Thursday 27 June 2013

Dedicated to Helen and Chris.......

This week´s post is dedicated to you Helen, we are all thinking about you and Chris and hope you are back with us soon.

This week's meeting was a little cramped.  Nineteen ladies managed to work on just two tables as all the other tables had been removed from the hall for use in the village for their Fiesta!  But in true British spirit we all made the best use of what we had and the meeting continued as normal.  Although, just to add insult to injury we had two short power cuts thrown in too!  One table was full with sewing machines, and the other table was filled with another two sewing machines and was shared  with some knitters and embroiderers.  The ironing station was set up at chest height on a table designed to be used with tall bar stools, as was the refreshment area.  Other members set up their area on stools and worked on their laps.
.





As always there was a wide range of projects being worked on.  Cath was busy making a set of dresden-plate type blocks to use up scraps of fabric left over from her bargello project,  and Christine was busy working on one (below) of the  three quilts  that she is making for her three grand-children who are visiting soon.


Pam was starting a new project, and Jan showed us a jelly-roll project she is working on (shown below)


 Cath showed us a finished  table runner she has made for Shirley



while Margaret frantically worked at putting the last stitches in the Hungry Caterpillar quilt she is making for her four year old grandson, and intends posting it off to him in Germany before the end of this week.


Ann was busy making another owl doorstop


and I brought in the second of the twins' cot quilts I am making for my second cousins, (not my great nephews as I mistakenly wrote last week!). There is still lots of quilting to be done on  both central panels, but thankfully all the appliquéd text is finished.  There are an awful lot of fiddly e´s and c´s in their birth-date!  Seriously though, I am really enjoying working on such a lovely project and looking forward to quilting around the rabbit figures and flowers and trees in the panel.


And lastly this week, Merlynne was pleased to show off the little cross-stitch sampler pin cushion she has just finished.  It is very fine work on 16-count aida.
Hopefully when you join us again next time, we will have been able to spread out a bit more.  Till then, have a good week,  
                             Rachel







1 comment:

  1. hi Ladies,
    thanks, Rachel, for dedicating this post to Chris and I.
    You were obviously very enterprising last Tuesday, hope that you have more tables today!!

    I still have a lot of completed work photos on my system - I have a disc with me to put them onto when I feel like it, sorry that, for now it means that some individual sites are not getting updated. xx
    I have cross stitches with me and I have begun to do some log cabin squares, - I keep calling it Bargello work!! Mental block, so have now called my hostal room, 'Log Cabin'!!!!! love to you all, please keep sending us lots of positive energy xxx

    ReplyDelete