Sunday 17 March 2013

a further update

Hi all, it is me, Helen, trying to blog on behalf of Rachel!!! - a new experience for me!! Tuesday seemed to be a quiet day, possibly because twelve members were engrossed in Jan's class! At the other, quiet end of the room (!!!) eleven of us concentrated on our own activities - some getting more done than others!!!
A warm welcome back, Shirley.

Rozanne's owl doorstops


It was interesting to hear about the 'Knitting for Africa' initiative from Sue Stead and Shirley - I'll be having a look on the website later. I understand that Sheila collects the knitted garments and takes them to somewhere that they are collected from. The photograph is of the items that Sue has knitted for the children - any scraps of wool can be used. Talking of scraps! Rozanne shared her owl doorstops with us - she is going to run a workshop on making the doorstops on Tuesday April 16th - the doorstops are made from scraps!! Nothing goes to waste, does it Jan?!!
 
 
 
 



engrossed!!

 

Sue Stead's 'Knit for Africa' pieces




Jan in action

Jan's sewing machine workshop went down really well and ladies were amazed at what their machines could do!! It reminded that I,too, have the book 'Encyclopedia of Sewing Machine Techniques' by Nancy Bednar & JoAnn Pugh-Gannon - I've just got it off the shelf and dusted it!!! 'Note to oneself' - read the books I have!! On that note I will attempt to attach/insert the photos but if I'm unsuccessful I'll pop them in separately!! See you all Tuesday, Helen!!
PS A mixture of success and not!! I'll put other photos in a separate blog!! Adios!!


1 comment:

  1. Yippee Helen..... I can go away more often now! Well done. It's going to be good keeping up with you all while I'm getting very wet in the UK. Thanks for stepping in. Rachel

    ReplyDelete